The Golden Rule Foundation does not fund unsolicited applications. Only 501(C)(3) organizations may apply for grants – the Foundation does not fund individuals.
Applicants must be recommended by a GRF Board Member. That Board Member is their primary contact with the foundation. Applicants should not contact the administrator unless authorized to do so.
Please do not send unsolicited materials to the Golden Rule Foundation. They will be discarded without review.
DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY:
All submissions must be completed on-line. Mailed submissions/materials will not be accepted.
The Golden Rule Foundation has moved to a quarterly calendar. Grants can be submitted, digitally, at any time throughout the year but awarded grant funds will be issued only four times a year, in the months of February, May, August and November. The deadline to submit for the November grants is August 1. That deadline is the final granting round of the Golden Rule Foundation’s fiscal year – you must have submitted a solicited, approved and complete digital proposal by that date in order to receive payment.
- Submission: Once an applicant has been recommended to submit a grant proposal, please fill in the online Proposal Form. It is important to read and follow the instructions on the Preparation page. This page outlines materials you should prepare before filling in the online Proposal Form.
- GRF Review Schedule: Upon digital submission with the correct attachments, your application will be reviewed within the quarter. If there are missing items, you will receive an email and you may be disqualified from that quarter’s review, depending on timing.
- GRF Agreement: If the Proposal submission is complete, you will receive an email response with a PDF attachment. This attachment is an Agreement letter, between your organization and the Golden Rule Foundation. It confirms the details of the grant request and the terms of the grant; requires that you dispense the funds in the form and schedule which you have requested, and states that you will file a final report by the end of the Golden Rule’s fiscal year, November 1, in which you receive funding.
A qualified representative of your organization must digitally sign the Agreement, and return it by email to the Golden Rule Foundation in order to initiate funding. Instructions on how to digitally sign will come with the email signature form.
- Funding Release: Upon receipt of a signed Agreement letter, the grant funding will be mailed to the address given on your submission form at the closest quarter. Checks will be mailed: February, May, August and November.
- Grant Report: You will have until the end of the fiscal year in which you have applied to fill out and submit a final Grant Report detailing how your project was executed and how the grant funds were used. The Grant Report is a digital submission. You will need a new username and password to access that page, noted in your Letter of Agreement.
Following submission, you will be sent a copy of your final Grant Report in document form, along with instructions on how to sign and return the report with a digital signature (required).
The Founder and his associates are dedicated to the American dream of Self Help.
The Golden Rule will be governed by this ideal in all their corporate dealings.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED GRANT APPLICATIONS.
WE WILL DISCARD WITHOUT REVIEW, ALL MATERIALS SENT WITHOUT
AN EXPLICIT REQUEST FROM THE GOLDEN RULE FOUNDATION.
THE GOLDEN RULE DOES NOT FUND INDIVIDUALS.